Clear Mind Systems 781-767-5373
The Cost of Insufficient Sleep
The study of sleep and it's central position in human health is the cutting edge of health and wellness science today.
Insufficient sleep has been linked to:
- Immune Deficiency Diseases
- Increased Auto and Workplace Accidents
Recent national surveys have shown the following disturbing sleep trends in America
- 60% of Americans complain of insufficient sleep on a regular basis
- 50% report insufficient sleep one or more nights every week
- 10% have chronic insomnia
- 80% of teenagers are not getting the recommended amount of sleep
- 50% of Americans have a sleep disorder
- Children from infancy to 5th grade are getting 1 1/2 to 2 hours less sleep per night than recommended
- In 1961, 2% of people surveyed reported getting 6 hours or less sleep per night, and in 2011 28% gave that same answer
The Cost of Insufficient Sleep to Business
•Worker tiredness is the main cause of 18% of workplace accidents and injuries. •A recent study showed that employees with moderate to severe insomnia had health claims 75% higher than a group without insomnia. •Fatigue results in 100 billion dollars in workplace absenteeism, accidents, errors, increased healthcare costs and lost productivity. •A Canadian study showed that employees with insomnia lost 27.6 days per year in productivity versus 2.6 days for employees without insomnia. •Upwards of 50% of Americans suffer from sleep disorders.
The Good News
Sleep disorders of all kinds from insomnia to sleep apnea are very treatable. And because of the importance of sleep, treating sleep disorders improves health on all levels. Behavioral, non-drug treatments for many sleep disorders including insomnia and parasomnias are often the most effective treatments. Hypnosis and good sleep education are two of the most effective treatments for this epidemic of insufficient sleep.
- For individuals with sleep problems 3 to 6 sessions over a five to ten week period can most often bring dramatic improvement to sleep quality.
- For corporate clients small group sessions are cost effective and run four sessions over six weeks. Cloud based sleep improvement films, supported by webinars and online educational materals can answer the needs of companies with multiple locations.
Clear Mind Systems
We have helped thousands of people improve their sleep and worked with over 75 corporations, universities and municipalities to improve the sleep of employees and students.
Sleep improvement for 130 employees at the Federal Reserve bank
Seminar at the Federal Reserve Bank